Guess what?! Boarding Pass turns 3 today! In honor of my blogiversary I’m sharing a recipe for a special treat that I learned how to make during an all-day cooking class in Florence (more info here!).
Crema Fiorentina is fun twist on traditional Italian gelato. This delicious, creamy dessert is super quick and easy to make at home, and doesn’t require an ice cream maker or any special equipment. And with summer right around the corner it’s the perfect complement to any al fresco meal or gathering. So thank you for taking the time to read, like and share my posts, and here’s to another year of great travel and discovery!
Makes 8-10 servings
3 egg yolks
7 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of confectioners sugar
18 ounces of whipping cream (substituted for “panna fresca” or fresh cream, which we used in the class)
1/2 cup of amaretto cookies, plus more for serving
Amaretto liquor (optional)
- Place the egg yolks and granulated sugar in a bowl and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream and confectioners sugar, and mix on high speed until thick.
- Crumble the amaretto cookies by hand and gently stir into the bowl with the cream mixture.
- Fold the egg mixture into the cream until it is just combined and no streaks remain.
- Transfer to a glass bowl with an airtight lid and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Scoop gelato into individual bowls, pour amaretto liquor over the top (if desired) and garnish with more cookies just before serving.
Recipe from Walkabout Florence cooking class.